“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
These babies are 100% AIP-friendly and there is a secret ingredient in these Matcha Caramel Slices. A trick for unsuspecting players. A sneaky little boost of goodness that will leave even the most muggle-like* AIP-eater in the dark…
Vital Proteins Collagen Veggie Blend!
Yep. Hidden veggies! Perfect for little people’s lunch boxes!
And, of course – because they’re nut-free, they’re playground compliant, too!
Shhhhh! I won’t tell if you don’t!
While a POWER Green Smoothie is the more traditional, and perhaps even obvious way to enjoy The Paleo Mom’s Veggie Blend collaboration with Vital Proteins, I wanted to see if I could could get creative. The extra hit of 3 serves of veggies and 1 serve of fruit in this baby just calls out for hiding it in unsuspecting places…
Inspired by a recent visit from my 7-year old, veggie-hating – “I don’t like anything green!” – niece. This lunch-box filler was born.
My AIP muggle friend, Sally declared the Matcha Caramel Slice “a winner!”
The combination of carob and dates imparts a seriously good caramel flavour, and the matcha provides a foil for the hidden goodness in the slice…
(2 hours refrigeration req.) Serves 12
- 18 (approx 280g / 10oz) Medjool dates - pitted and roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup carob powder
- ⅔ cup diced tigernuts
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 2 scoops Veggie Blend Collagen
- 5 tablespoons coconut butter
- ⅓ cup dessicated coconut
- Line a 20 cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients into your food processor and blitz until it comes together - about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined tin. Using your fingers, carefully press the mixture evenly into the tin, taking time to ensure it is as consistently spread as possible.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut into desired shapes/sizes and lightly dust with matcha powder.
- Store between pieces of baking paper in the fridge.
E N J O Y !
If you’d like to order some of the Vital Proteins Collagen Veggie Blend for your very own, just click on the button bellow!
*AIP muggle – a person who is not conversant with the Autoimmune Protocol; often completely in the dark about any form of healing protocol.